ECC2018 - Open Call
ECC2018 – Open Call
Will be exhibited at Grønbechs Gaard and will be curated by open call, where individual curators, artist groups or artists can apply for participation. With this approach, we hope to include collaborative works, experimentalism, activism etc. The curator group will select works and projects for participation among the applicants.
Who can participate?
- All 28 members of the European Union as well as Iceland, Norway and Switzerland are invited to participate in the ECC2018 exhibitions.
- An applicant can only apply with max 2 entries pr artist / artist group.
- Artists must be of the nationality or be a resident in the country they represent.
- Artists that took part in the ECC2014, may not participate in the same exhibition in ECC2018.
- Artwork can be made in any technique and form of artistic expression.
- Materials used in the artwork must be predominantly ceramics.
- Objects must be unique and not part of serial or industrial production.
- Artwork must be available throughout the full exhibition period.
- Artwork must be contemporary and made in 2014 or later, work produced before this time will not be accepted.
The curator group will also select participants among applicants for the open call exhibition at Grønbechs Gaard.
The group has 6 members representing various regions in Europe. The curators may come from different backgrounds within museums and education, but have all been invited because of their insight and expertise of contemporary ceramics in Europe. The curators play a vital role in the profile and organization of European Ceramic Context.
The ECC2016 Prizes and Jury
Two prizes will be given to two outstanding artists or artists groups, selected among the participants in the two exhibitions. A jury of three international members with expertise within the field of ceramics will go through the exhibitions before the opening and select the prize winners. The winners will be announced at the exhibition opening.
The curator group will select participants among applicants for the open call exhibition at Grønbechs Gaard.
The group has 6 members representing various regions in Europe. The curators may come from different backgrounds within museums and education, but have all been invited because of their insight and expertise of contemporary ceramics in Europe. The curators play a vital role in the profile and organization of European Ceramic Context. Their choices will outline the direction in which contemporary ceramics is going in their region.
An exhibition catalogue will be produced presenting all artists with images of their work, critical notes and a short CV, as well as essays on contemporary ceramics.
Dates: 15. Sep. - 11. Nov. 2018
Hólmfríður Vídalín Arngrímsdóttir
Ieva Bertasiute Grosbaha
TERESA DE JESÚS GONZÁLEZ ÁLVAREZ